10.27.2008

Banksy's Village Petstore & Charcoal Grill, NYC

From Banksy:

“New Yorkers don’t care about art, they care about pets. So I’m exhibiting them instead. I wanted to make art that questioned our relationship with animals and the ethics and sustainability of factory farming, but it ended up as chicken nuggets singing. I took all the money I made exploiting an animal in my last show and used it to fund a new show about the exploitation of animals. If its art and you can see it from the street, I guess it could still be considered street art."











Please check the video I created below. You will have a much better appreciation for the exhibit.

To learn more, click HERE.

1 comment:

KM Design said...

hey!! I saw me in there some where lol, i got all excited, i thought that was a great trip by the way, it was comedy with a serious meaning.